Sunday, April 13, 2014

Do This In Remembrance of Me!

I have just finished watching my annual viewing of  "The Passion" movie by Mel Gibson.  This outstanding movie production always deeply moves me.  I know there are many different movies showing the crucifixion, but Mel Gibson's always ministers to me the most.  I suggest you take the time to view the entire movie.  I never tire reminding myself of the great sacrifice Christ paid for all of our sins.  Paul said that the "cross of Jesus Christ" was the central message.  Probably the most moving scene for me is when Jesus falls under the cross and Mary, His mother, comes to try and comfort Him.  The scene goes back to His childhood when he fell and Mary picked Him up in her arms and helped Him.  But here in this scene she can only listen to His words, "Mother, I make all things new".  When you understand the Father's plan for the ages and how Christ's blood has the redeeming power to not only save us, but to renew all heaven and earth as a "new creation".  No wonder the two themes of heaven's worship is the blood of the Lamb and His creative power in Revelation 4 & 5.  We will be forever celebrating the power of His blood in our new heaven and earth!  Let's celebrate His awesome offering for sin this week in our Passover and Easter season!
                                
                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Please join us for our weekly live Kingdom Business Community Bible Study broadcast at - Jerry Brandt