Friday, December 5, 2014

Parable of the Cell Phone

I absolutely must tell the story of what happened to me yesterday!  I call it the parable of my Cell Phone!  After loading my car in the morning I had placed my HTC (expensive) smart phone on the top drivers side of my car.  Unfortunately I forgot it was there after loading my trunk with some ministry materials.  I started down one of the busiest roads, highway 54 four lane. Going 55 mph I heard this thump and thought I had hit something on the road.  What I didn't know is my phone had flown off the top of my car, hit my trunk and made a thump and crashed onto the highway.  I continued several miles down the road and turned on the Veteran's toll road for about 5 miles.  I decided I wanted to make a call and looked for my phone.  Then I realized it was my phone flying off my car that had made the thumping noise hitting the top of my trunk.  I decided to go back and look for my poor phone, which probably by now was crushed into the payment by all the traffic.  As I was going back past the general area in the opposite direction (about a mile) of where I thought my phone might be, I saw a black spot across from the other side of the four lane.  So I went down and turned around to pick up the pieces hoping to save the memory card and all my phone numbers.  I drove back about 1/2 mile the direction that I had been going when I heard the thump.  The black spot on the road was only a small piece of Garbage bag that had been crushed into the pavement.  Disappointed, I was getting back in my car and walked around the back of my car and laying there in the weeds was my cell phone!  The black bag on the road had exactly marked the very spot where my phone had landed in the gutter in the weeds.  I picked it up and MIRACLE OF ALL MIRACLES it was working!  I called the phone company to see my options because my screen was broken all across from top to bottom.  The lady at the cell phone company said, "Mr. Brandt, did you know the when you bought the premium HTC cell phone they will cover one free screen replacement the first 6 months".  I asked her when I had purchased the phone and she said, "6 months ago today!"  Do you believe in divine providence! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Please join us for our weekly live Kingdom Business Community Bible Study broadcast at - Jerry Brandt